Greetings, friends! Welcome to Hazel Village - where we, the creatures great and small, do industrious projects together and make each other presents. Each Hazel Village Woodland Animal Doll is handmade from organic cotton, ready to become a lifelong friend. Because the animals' features are hand stitched, they are soft and safe for babies. And with many beautiful dress-up outfits to share, they're fun for big kids, too!
Gracie the Cat
- If you ask Gracie what her favourite activity is, she will tell you: fishing. She has loved it ever since she was a kitten. She says on a good afternoon, she can catch a dozen minnows. When she has enough she takes her fish to Owen Fox’s house, and the animals have a fish fry. Although some of them eat only salad. Gracie says that is fine; more fish for her.
- Gracie is about 14″ tall. She is made of organic cotton fleece, mostly gray but with natural-coloured details on her face and tummy. Her ears are lined with cotton plaid. Her face is hand-stitched with cotton embroidery thread. She is stuffed with washable polyfill. If she gets dirty she can be hand washed in cool water and air dried. She wants to remind you she sticks her feet in the pond all the time - you shouldn’t believe what you hear about cats hating water.
- Gracie's dress is made from a soft Liberty of London combed cotton, with a delightful, colourful "sweet rose" print. She says that minnows can't see colour so they don’t get startled when she wears it. It has a velcro closure in back.
- 100% GOTS certified organic cotton fleece exterior with hypoallergenic polyfill stuffing
- handmade in India
- measures about 14 inches from ear to toe
- hand washing is recommended
- removable clothes - so your animals can share and trade
- safe for all ages! Please be sure to remove any loose doll clothes (like hats, shoes, socks, and scarves) before leaving a Hazel village friend with a small baby
If your Hazel Village friend gets a little grubby, we recommend the following:
- first, try spot cleaning with a sponge; if that's not enough, try hand washing in hot soapy water
- rinse well, squeeze all the water out, and air dry
- if necessary, you can wash your animal in the machine on the most gentle cycle; we suggest dressing it in one of our rompers, to protect their necks and extremities, then placing it in a delicates bag before it takes the plunge
- you can machine dry it on low, but be careful - the stuffing may clump
*Don't see what you're looking for online? We may have it available in-store! Please note that online and in-store stock levels will vary, so don't hesitate to give us a call for up to date in-store availability.*